Kitchens are one of the parts of a home where you can recover much or all of the costs related to a remodel. However, just because you can recoup your costs later doesn’t mean that you have a lot to spend or that you can wait years to get that money back.
What are some ways that you can upgrade without spending more than you can afford?
You Can Refinish Cabinets Instead of Buying New Ones
The easiest ways to freshen up your cabinets is to take them down, refinish them and then put them back up. Whether you want to stain them a new color or paint them, they will look and feel like new after they are put back up. Kitchen cabinet refinishing can be done affordably and on your own schedule as opposed to spending thousands of dollars to buy and have new cabinets installed.
If you are looking to upgrade your refrigerator or looking to put in a dishwasher to modernize the room, refurbished products can be a cost-effective way to accomplish that goal. Refurbished products are usually ones that have been returned by customers who didn’t want them or units that may have small dings, dents or scratches. In many cases, they have been repaired to look and function like new. However, they cannot legally be marketed as new products, which means you can get a quality product for a fraction of the price.
The material that you used in the bathroom could also be used in your kitchen. For instance, if you have leftover wood or tile flooring, you can use it in the kitchen without it looking tacky or out of place. As you may be able to get a better price when you buy materials in bulk, you may save money by doing your kitchen and bathroom at the same time.
An old sink or junked light fixtures could be restored and given new life in your kitchen. Make sure that you take the time to get rid of any rust or other debris on your salvaged fixtures to reduce the odds of leaks or other health hazards. If an older fixture or other feature in your kitchen is not cleaned up and scrubbed well, it could retain toxic materials or rust that may prevent health hazards. If you opt for rugs to cover your wood floors, you should make sure to invest in oriental rug cleaning services whether you buy it new or get it used.
The easiest way to spend a lot of money on a kitchen remodel is to make the room bigger by knocking out a wall or adding to the home itself. Therefore, it is in your best interest to use the existing space to the best of your ability. It may be possible to add storage by putting in cabinets that open up instead of out or by putting in an island with additional drawers or other types of storage space. You may also get more storage space by converting a nearby closet into a pantry for food or cooking supplies.
Remodeling a kitchen can be an effective way to make your home more functional while increasing its value at the same time. However, if you don’t have a lot of money to spend, it is critical that you use the space and features that you already have. Buying used or picking up discarded objects may also help you save money while creating an ideal look and feel for your cooking and entertaining space.
- VERDUN: LUXURIOUS HANDCRAFTED THROWS AND ACCESSORIES
- INTERVIEW: KODAK PRINTOMATIC INSTANT PRINT CAMERA
- INTERVIEW: EYE BUY DIRECT FASHIONABLE EYEGLASSES ONLINE
- FIVE HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS
- COMPARISON OF THE IPHONE X AND THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 8
- VIDEO: ROOSTERY CUSTOM HOME GOODS
- TOTO WASHLET S300e BIDET SEAT
- VIDEO: RBT RABBIT WING WINE CORKSCREW
- TEGU MAGNETIC WOODEN BLOCKS: INTERVIEW WITH NATE LAU, HEAD DESIGNER
- VIDEO: LG AUDIO LINEUP EVENT FEATURING CHEF DALE TALDE
- HABA WOODEN TOYS
- STEPEVI: SPARKLE RUG COLLECTION
- BOOK: BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY BY MICHAEL FREEMAN
- VIDEO: ULTIMATE EARS NEW LIMITED EDITION WIRELESS SPEAKERS
- THREE OLIVES VODKA: NEW SUMMER FLAVORS
- LUXURY HOME DÉCOR IN 2017 – THE KEY IS SUSTAINABILITY
- VIDEO – CUSTOM NIKE SB ZOOM STEFAN JANOSKI SNEAKERS UNBOXING
- FIVE KID TOYS AND ACCESSORIES WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT
- JOE JOURNEYMAN SEEK AND FIND ADVENTURE PUZZLES
- PACIFIC PLAY TENTS MAKE KIDS HAPPY WHILE REFLECTING YOUR PERSONAL STYLE