Following a nationwide design competition, Legrand, a leading provider of systems and products for electrical installations and information networks announces Lauren Rottet, Founding Principal and President of Rottet Studio as the winner and 2014 Guest Designer of the adorne Collection.
Rottet’s original wall plate was selected among 170 hopefuls from the worlds of architecture and design who were challenged to re-imagine the everyday light switch.
The Winning Wall Plate…
Using a 3D printing technology to achieve its texture, precision and level of detail, Rottet’s winning wall plate features a pattern of beveled diamonds on a white surface. As the inaugural winner of this competition Rottet will have the opportunity to design three original wall plates to be added to the adorne Collection.
“The adorne Collection began with a quest to re-imagine the everyday light switch and wall plate, and Lauren Rottet’s design continues that spirit of ingenuity,” said Mario Gonzalez, vice president of marketing for the adorne Collection. “The plate’s style itself is something that can easily enhance a commercial, corporate, hospitality, or residential interior. Further to its versatility, it’s stunning—both for its aesthetic merit and its 3D printing production. With warm wishes, we’re thrilled to welcome Lauren into the Legrand family.”
A Closer Look at the Competition…
“I’m thankful to receive the distinction and be part of such a groundbreaking collection,” said Rottet, who holds affiliation with the American Institute of Architects, College of Fellows; as well as the International Interior Design Association, College of Fellows. “The contest, as well as the broad range of Legrand products, has really opened my team’s eyes to exploring a design element that no longer has to rely on a standard, but can now be thought about as integral to the rest of the design vision. Most importantly, we were interested to see how the adorne platform could be coupled with the latest 3D printing technology in order to create a solution that could be fully customizable and unique to each project.”
“Light Your Imagination”
All of the contestants wall plates were showcased at the Skylight Modern event space in New York City on a hexagon lantern structure created by designer Matthew Gebhardt.
The contest’s judging criteria included popular vote via social media, creativity and overall appeal. The judges were Patricia Hickson, Emily Hall Tremaine, curator of Contemporary Art at the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art; Donna Vining, chair of the ASID Foundation; Halsey Cook, president of Legrand Electrical Wiring Systems; and Phil Prestigomo, director of industrial design for Legrand, North America.
DISCOVER: adorne Wall Plates
- COMPARISON OF THE IPHONE X AND THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 8
- VIDEO: ROOSTERY CUSTOM HOME GOODS
- TOTO WASHLET S300e BIDET SEAT
- VIDEO: RBT RABBIT WING WINE CORKSCREW
- TEGU MAGNETIC WOODEN BLOCKS: INTERVIEW WITH NATE LAU, HEAD DESIGNER
- VIDEO: LG AUDIO LINEUP EVENT FEATURING CHEF DALE TALDE
- HABA WOODEN TOYS
- THREE OLIVES VODKA FRESH WATERMELON COCKTAIL RECIPES
- STEPEVI: SPARKLE RUG COLLECTION
- BOOK: BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY BY MICHAEL FREEMAN
- VIDEO: ULTIMATE EARS NEW LIMITED EDITION WIRELESS SPEAKERS
- THREE OLIVES VODKA: NEW SUMMER FLAVORS
- LUXURY HOME DÉCOR IN 2017 – THE KEY IS SUSTAINABILITY
- VIDEO – CUSTOM NIKE SB ZOOM STEFAN JANOSKI SNEAKERS UNBOXING
- FIVE KID TOYS AND ACCESSORIES WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT
- JOE JOURNEYMAN SEEK AND FIND ADVENTURE PUZZLES
- PACIFIC PLAY TENTS MAKE KIDS HAPPY WHILE REFLECTING YOUR PERSONAL STYLE
- REMODEL YOUR KITCHEN ON A BUDGET
- VIDEO: ADORNE LETS YOU BEAUTIFULLY TRANSFORM YOUR LIGHT SWITCHES
- RAZOR ULTRA PORTABLE CHARGER BY MY CHARGE