In tribute to a design icon, Alexander Girard by Todd Oldham & Kiera Coffee 2011, www.ammobooks.com is a striking 15 pound, 672-page book detailing many of Girard’s disciplines including graphic design, typography, furniture design, interior design, textile design, illustration, exhibit design, textile design, product design and architecture. Oldham meticulously researched and assembled this work detailing the achievements of one of the most versatile and creative mid-20th century designers.
This collection of Girard’s, who died in 1993, represents the work he did between 1929 and 1981 including his textile designs for Herman Miller (1952- 1975), his typographic designs for La Fonda del Sol restaurant (1960), his retail store Textiles and Objects (1961), his own Girard Foundation (1962) home to his personal collection of folk art acquired from around the world and his designs for Braniff International Airways (1965).
Girard’s work continues to be an inspiration for generations of designers and enthusiasts and this tome is an ultimate testament to his achievement in art and design.
- VERDUN: LUXURIOUS HANDCRAFTED THROWS AND ACCESSORIES
- INTERVIEW: KODAK PRINTOMATIC INSTANT PRINT CAMERA
- INTERVIEW: EYE BUY DIRECT FASHIONABLE EYEGLASSES ONLINE
- FIVE HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS
- COMPARISON OF THE IPHONE X AND THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 8
- VIDEO: ROOSTERY CUSTOM HOME GOODS
- TOTO WASHLET S300e BIDET SEAT
- VIDEO: RBT RABBIT WING WINE CORKSCREW
- TEGU MAGNETIC WOODEN BLOCKS: INTERVIEW WITH NATE LAU, HEAD DESIGNER
- VIDEO: LG AUDIO LINEUP EVENT FEATURING CHEF DALE TALDE
- HABA WOODEN TOYS
- STEPEVI: SPARKLE RUG COLLECTION
- BOOK: BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY BY MICHAEL FREEMAN
- VIDEO: ULTIMATE EARS NEW LIMITED EDITION WIRELESS SPEAKERS
- THREE OLIVES VODKA: NEW SUMMER FLAVORS
- LUXURY HOME DÉCOR IN 2017 – THE KEY IS SUSTAINABILITY
- VIDEO – CUSTOM NIKE SB ZOOM STEFAN JANOSKI SNEAKERS UNBOXING
- FIVE KID TOYS AND ACCESSORIES WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT
- JOE JOURNEYMAN SEEK AND FIND ADVENTURE PUZZLES
- PACIFIC PLAY TENTS MAKE KIDS HAPPY WHILE REFLECTING YOUR PERSONAL STYLE